The Kansas City Monarchs Baseball Club and MaxFun Entertainment are looking for outgoing, highly-motivated individuals that want to work in a fast-paced and high-energy retail sales environment. The Retail Sales Associates will play a key role in creating a positive experience for customers who visit the KC Monarchs Baseball Pop-Up Shop in the Legends Mall (1843 Village West Parkway, Suite C-103).
Join the excitement as the Kansas City Monarchs Baseball Club (previously the T-Bones) launches the newly-branded team with an exciting new look and stylish merchandise.
Retail Sales Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Serve customers by helping them select products.
- Drive sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greet and receive customers in a welcoming manner.
- Respond to customers’ questions.
- Direct customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Document sales by creating or updating customer profile records, including data capture for social media, e-blasts and mailing lists.
- Manage financial transactions.
- Process payments by totaling purchases and processing credit and debit card transactions.
- Alert management of potential security issues.
- Assist with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Keep clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Attention to store upkeep and professional image of retail site to include light cleaning, sweeping, dusting, organizing of inventory, etc.
Retail Sales Associate Qualifications/ Skills:
- Attentive listening and responsive to customer needs
- Willingness to provide top-notch customer service
- Gain appropriate level of product knowledge and ability to convey knowledge to customers
- Proficient in verbal communication
- Proficient in developing positive rapport with customers and co-workers
- Successful working in a team environment
- Arrives to work on time and dependable to cover scheduled shifts
- Possesses general math skills
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be 16-years old or above
Retail Sales Associate Preferred Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or current student (high school or college)
- Experience working in a retail environment
Retail Sales Associate Work Schedule:
- The Monarchs Baseball Pop-Up Shop will be open for spring retail shopping mid-March through mid-May 2021 with shifts as set forth below:
- Monday through Friday, 10:30am – 2:30pm or 2:30pm – 6:30pm
- Saturday, 10:30am – 3:00pm or 3:00pm – 7:30pm
- The Monarchs Baseball Pop-Up Shop may extend into summer retail shopping mid-May through August 2021 with shift times still to be determined.
The Kansas City Monarchs Baseball Club and MaxFun Entertainment, LLC are equal opportunity employers and value diversity within their workforce. The Companies are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information, military/veteran status, citizenship, and/or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or local law. We embrace equal opportunity and remain steadfast in our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive workforce.
You can apply by sending a cover letter & your resume to email@example.com.